Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread is loaded with swirls of peanut butter and chocolate and made healthier with whole-grain flour, less sugar and tons of sweet banana flavor!
The temperatures are dropping a bit which means it’s time to start baking again! I am not much of a dessert maker but I love to make my kids banana bread and muffins. I had an idea in my head to make a swirly Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread and it came out so good! I’m excited to share this recipe.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread is really easy to make. I had all of the ingredients on hand. A little tip for making banana bread often: buy too many bananas and you will be forced to use them before they go bad! Also, when my bananas are super ripe, I break them into pieces and freeze them for smoothies and banana bread.
I debated on whether to make this banana bread with chocolate and peanut butter or just chocolate and I thought, you can’t go wrong with peanut butter, right? If you don’t like peanut butter or are allergic, skip it. It is not a huge part of the recipe and won’t alter the recipe if you skip that part.
This banana bread is moist and delicious. It is not super sweet and to me, is more of a breakfast food than a dessert. If you want to make it even better, spread some peanut butter on the bread and warm it up- heaven! My kids could not wait for me to take the photos of this bread and were so excited to enjoy it. They all loved it.
The swirls are really easy to do. You just save 1/3 cup of the banana bread batter and add in the cacao powder. Then make a line of chocolate down the middle of the regular banana bread batter in the pan. Using a toothpick, you can create a little swirl design. I thought it may come out ugly but I truly love the design. Do the same thing with the peanut butter!
For the chocolate swirls, I used Earth Echo Cacao Bliss which is ground cacao with turmeric, MCT, and lucuma. You can use it in your hot cocoa or use it in a variety of recipes like chocolate truffles, muffins, overnight oats and more. It was a wonderful addition to this banana bread and I loved knowing that I was giving myself a boost of chocolatey flavor while adding some nutrients.
Cacao Bliss is 100% organic, uses earth friendly packaging and is vegan and gluten-free. It is low in sugar and uses coconut nectar powder for sweetness. I like making healthy chocolate truffles near the holidays and I think that Cacao Bliss would be perfect for it!
**Save 15% off of your Cacao Bliss order by using the code NUTRITIONIST.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- 1 3/4 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Earth Echo Cacao Bliss cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter (the drippier, the better)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, banana, honey, egg, vanilla, and applesauce.
- Remove 1/3 cup banana bread batter from the mix and place it in a separate bowl. Mix in the cocao powder well.
- Pour regular banana bread batter into the pan. Spoon the chocolate banana bread batter into the center of the pan all the way down. With a toothpick, swirl the chocolate around the rest of the batter.
- Add the peanut butter to the pan and swirl with the toothpick creating a swirl design.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes until the bread is cooked through by inserting a toothpick into the center and it coming out clean.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes and slice.
Like this recipe? Check out other recipes using bananas:
This post was sponsored by Earth Echo. All opinions are my own.