Cheers to the best homemade iced tea on the internet! This 6-ingredient iced tea recipe is as easy as it is delicious. Make a pitcher today!
Ahh So Refreshing!
Is there anything better than a refreshing glass of iced tea on a warm summer day? We think not! Which is why we’re thrilled to share this oh so delicious homemade iced tea recipe. All you need are 6 ingredients (one is water!), and you’re a few steps away from a glass of iced tea.
Iced Tea – What You Need
This iced tea recipe comes together in 6 simple ingredients. You’ll need:
Water: You’ll steep your black tea bags in hot water after bringing to a boil over the stove.
Black tea bags: This iced tea recipe calls for black tea, but should you prefer another variety of tea — go for it! This recipe will work with any tea variety.
Simple syrup: We used our honey simple syrup for this iced tea, but any simple syrup variety will work just fine.
Lemon: Fresh lemon slices are such a perfect complement to the black tea flavors in this iced tea.
Fresh mint: Jazz up your iced tea with sprigs of fresh mint.
Pinch of salt: A pinch of salt is all you need to bring out the flavors of black tea + lemon + mint.
How to Make Iced Tea
Making homemade iced tea is easy peasy as long as you have enough time to let it chill! We’ll walk you through it:
Bring 5 cups of water to a boil and then remove from heat.
Add the black tea bags to the hot water and let them steep for 7-9 minutes depending on your desired strength of tea. The longer you steep, the stronger the tea will be.
While the tea bags are steeping, add the honey simple syrup, lemon slices, and pinch of salt to a large pitcher and whisk.
Remove the tea bags from the water and pour the tea into the large pitcher. Be careful as the tea will still be hot.
Whisk all of the ingredients together until combined.
Add the fresh mint to the pitcher and place the tea into the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or until chilled.
Before serving, add 2-3 handfuls of ice to the pitcher, mix, and serve.
Honey Simple Syrup
This homemade iced tea calls for a honey simple syrup to use as a sweetener. And don’t you worry, making your own honey simple syrup is extremely easy.
Want it sweeter?
If you’re looking for a sweeter iced tea, you can always add more simple syrup to sweeten things up a bit! We suggest adding a tablespoon at a time and going from there to sweeten to your liking.
This homemade iced tea has a short (but flavorful!) ingredient list, so if you’re looking to jazz up your iced tea and truly make it your own, let us recommend some delicious add-ins:
Make a Large Batch
This is an amazing recipe to double or triple to your heart’s content as long as you have a large enough pitcher or glass drink container. Simply multiply each of the ingredients and follow the same recipe instructions below.
Store this iced tea in an air-tight pitcher or container the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- 5 cups water
- 5 black tea bags
- ½ cup honey simple syrup*
- 1 small lemon, sliced
- Pinch of salt
- 2–3 sprigs of fresh mint
- Bring 5 cups of water to a boil and then remove from heat.
- Add the tea bags to the water and let them steep for 7-9 minutes depending on the desired strength of tea.
- While the tea bags are steeping, add the simple syrup, lemon slices, and pinch of salt to a large pitcher and whisk.
- Remove the tea bags from the water and carefully pour the tea into the large pitcher.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together until combined.
- Add the mint to the pitcher and place the tea into the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or until chilled.
- Before serving, add 2-3 handfuls of ice to the pitcher, mix, and serve.
- *Feel free to use whatever simple syrup you would like. Regular simple syrup works, too!
- You may have to pour the iced tea through a fine sieve if any tea bags broke during the steeping period.
Serving Size: 1/6
Author: Category: DrinksMethod: Stove TopCuisine: American
Keywords: iced tea