Nothing screams summer like a perfect peach crisp! Whip up this easy dessert that comes complete with a golden crumble topping. Enjoy!
Perfect Peach Crisp Recipe
This peach crisp recipe truly is the perfect summer dessert. It’s super sweet and flavorful and is best served warm right out of the oven. You’re going to love the golden brown crumble topping, too!
- Peaches: fresh or frozen peaches will work for this peach crisp recipe! Be sure to let your peaches thaw and drain them if you’re using frozen peaches.
- Maple syrup: maple adds deliciously rich sweetness to this crisp.
- White whole wheat flour: you need flour for both the peach filling and the peach crisp topping.
- Rolled oats: the rolled oats in the peach crisp topping adds a bite and they turn the most delicious golden brown color.
- Light brown sugar: we sweeten the oat topping up with a little brown sugar.
- Salted butter: the butter acts as a both a binder for the topping and creates the perfect golden brown color.
- Ground cinnamon & ginger: we love the flavors that cinnamon and ginger add to this peach crisp.
- Salt: the salt in this recipe enhances all of the flavors this peach crisp recipe.
Don’t have everything you need for this recipe or do you want to make a substitution? Here are some options!
How to Make Peach Crisp – Step by Step
Preheat the oven to 400ºF and spray an 8×8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, toss together the sliced peaches, white whole wheat flour, ginger, and cinnamon. Be sure all the peaches are coated in the flour and spice mixture.
Pour the peaches into the greased 8×8 pan and spread them out evenly.
Prepare the crumble topping of the crisp by adding the following to a bowl and mix together:
- rolled oats
- white whole wheat flour
- brown sugar
- maple syrup
Then, add in a stick of softened butter and use a fork (or your hands!) to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it forms little crumbles.
It is always fun to mix things up by adding ingredients into the crumble topping! Below are some fun ideas!
- sliced almonds
- chopped pecans
- flax seeds
Evenly spread the crumble topping over the peaches in the baking dish.
Bake at 400ºF for 40-50 minutes or until:
- the peach filling begins to bubble
- the peaches are at the desired consistency (soft, but not mushy!)
- the crumble topping begins to brown
Remove from the oven and let set for 10 minutes before serving.
Serve this perfect peach crisp as-is or top it with any of the following:
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Greek yogurt
Frozen vs. Fresh Peaches
Fresh peaches are our go-to for this recipe, but if you only have frozen peaches on hand, that will absolutely work, too! Just make sure you let your frozen peaches thaw completely and drain any excess liquid.
We recommend refrigerating this peach crisp, covered, for up to 5 days. Feel free to reheat when serving and top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Yes, you can freeze this crisp! We recommend freezing the peach crisp before baking. Make the peach crisp recipe as written in a freezer and oven safe container. Cover the container with saran wrap and freeze until ready to prepare the crisp.
- 5 cups sliced peaches
- 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and spray an 8×8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together the sliced peaches, white whole wheat flour, ginger, and cinnamon. Be sure the peaches are coated in all the flour and spices.
- Pour the peaches into the greased pan and spread them out evenly. Set aside.
- Prepare the topping of the crisp by adding the rolled oats, white whole wheat flour, brown sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt to the bowl and mix the ingredients together.
- Then, add in a stick of softened butter and use a fork (or your hands) to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it forms little crumbles.
- Evenly spread the crumble topping over the peaches in the baking dish.
- Bake at 400ºF for 40-50 minutes or until the peach filling begins to bubble, the peaches are at the desired consistency, and the crumble topping begins to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let set for 10 minutes before serving.
- If using frozen peaches, we recommend letting them thaw before baking,
Serving Size: 1/6
Author: Category: DessertsMethod: OvenCuisine: AmericanDiet: Vegetarian
Keywords: peach crisp
Photography: photos taken in this post are by Erin from The Wooden Skillet.