This piña colada recipe is made with frozen pineapple, frozen coconut meat, white rum, and coconut cream, making it naturally sweetened and so refreshing.
I’ve never met a Piña Colada I didn’t like and this one is made with whole, frozen coconut, frozen pineapple, and rum.
Best Ever Piña Colada
What I love about this Piña colada recipe is that there’s no need for any added sugar other than frozen fruit. Natural sugars from the pineapple and coconut will leave this homemade piña colada so refreshing and delicious.
Piña Colada Main Ingredients
We wanted to use as whole of ingredients as possible in this piña colada recipe, which I why there is no juice or ice involved.
What rum is best for piña coladas?
The best kind of rum for a piña colada is white rum. But, if all you have is spiced rum or coconut rum, that works too! Here are some of our favorite brands:
- Skaalvenn (MN-based!)
- Captain Morgan
How to Make Pinã Colada
- Place frozen pineapple, frozen coconut, rum, coconut cream, and coconut water into a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high for 60 seconds, stopping to scrape the sides. Blend again until smooth. Add more coconut water as needed if your piña colada is too thick.
- Serve piña colada immediately with a garnish of fresh pineapple.
Fun Flavor Variations
- 1.5 frozen pineapple chunks
- 16-oz. frozen coconut meat
- 2-oz. white rum, or to taste
- 1/2 cup coconut cream*
- 1/4 cup coconut water*
- Place all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with pineapple and shredded coconut. Serve immediately.
- Make sure to blend your drink really well! You don’t want to be chewing on coconut pieces.
- The coconut cream is the thick white part in a can of coconut cream— the coconut water is the clear liquid underneath (or you can use a bottled coconut water).
Serving Size: 1/2
Author: Category: CocktailMethod: BlenderCuisine: Puerto RicanDiet: Vegan
Keywords: how to make pina colada, pina colada, pina colada recipe