Got leftover smoked chicken? Make this super simple smoked chicken salad recipe for an easy way to re-purpose your leftovers!
Favorite Smoked Chicken Salad
Have you tried our smoked whole chicken yet? If you have, you likely have leftovers (we did!), so we thought we’d share an easy smoked chicken salad recipe for you to repurpose your smoked chicken leftovers!
This smoked chicken salad uses shredded smoked chicken, diced celery, and the most delicious chicken salad sauce made from mayo, Greek yogurt, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard.
Insert –> drooling.
Smoked Whole Chicken
Need a smoked chicken recipe for this salad? Try our dry-rubbed smoked whole chicken to get tons of white and dark meat leftovers!
What You Need
- Smoked chicken: shredded smoked chicken is the most important part of this recipe (for obvious reasons). If you don’t already have this on hand, check out our smoked whole chicken recipe.
- Greek yogurt: we love using Greek yogurt as the base of our chicken salads. Feel free to use any fat percentage. Just make sure to use plain.
- Mayo: mayo adds a nice zing to this recipe.
- Mustard: we love that mustard adds a little savory and vinegar.
- Lemon juice: lemon juice brightens things up.
- Worchestershire: a little goes a long way!
- Salt and Pepper: always salt and pepper to taste.
- Celery: celery adds a nice crunch to give it great texture.
- Onion: make sure to finely dice your onion so there aren’t huge chunks.
You don’t have to used smoked chicken for this smoked chicken salad. You can use any shredded chicken. Here are some other options:
Smoked Chicken Salad Variations
How to Serve Smoked Chicken Salad
- On a Bun: serve this chicken salad on your favorite bun with a piece of bib lettuce and any other toppings your heart desires.
- In a Lettuce Wrap: make this a low-carb meal and serve it in a lettuce wrap.
- On Toast: have it for breakfast and serve it on top of a piece of taste with an egg.
What to Serve with Smoked Chicken Salad
We’ve made this smoked chicken salad countless times already. Here are some recipe pairing ideas to serve with your salad.
Transfer leftover smoked chicken salad into an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
- 4 cups shredded smoked chicken
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ medium white onion, minced
- First, shred your leftover smoked chicken. You can either leave the skin on for more flavor or remove it. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire, salt, pepper, celery, and onion. Mix until combined.
- Add the shredded chicken to the bowl and toss the chicken with the sauce.
- Enjoy alone, on a bun, or in a lettuce wrap!
- Storage: Store leftover smoked chicken salad in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Serving Size: 1/6
Author: Category: ChickenMethod: No-BakeCuisine: American
Keywords: smoked chicken salad
Photography: photos taken in this post are by Erin from The Wooden Skillet.