Oh my goodness, these Apple Pie Pop-Tarts make the best treat! With homemade flaky dough, soft baked apples and a cinnamon sugar topping, you will love these. It will remind you of a warm apple pie mixed with nostalgia from store-bought pop-tarts. They are way easier than I ever would have thought to make and come together in just 30 minutes.
These Apple Pie Pop-Tarts were one of those recipes that I was kind of scared to make. I am not a baker extraordinaire and was worried about making the dough but they turned out SO good! My kids, husband and I all loved them. When I made these, I doubled the batch and recommend doing that if you want 12 pop-tarts instead of 6. Up to you!
They are crispy and the cinnamon sugar topping is a must-have. It is like a healthier hand held pie. I used less sugar and whole-wheat flour for these pop-tarts for a lighter treat. Don’t worry though, they still have plenty of butter to make them indulgent! I didn’t peel my apples for extra fiber and vitamins but if you really feel the need to peel them, you can.
These Apple Pie Pop-Tarts are loaded with fresh Michigan EverCrisp apples. EverCrisp is a new apple variety that is a mix between Honeycrisp and Fuji apples. They are so crispy and tasty. They are made to stay crispy for months so you can load up on them and enjoy them when you like. I love buying apples from Michigan to help support my own state! Did you know that Michigan is the third biggest apple grower in the country? So cool!
Apple Pie Pop-Tarts
Apple Pie Pop-Tarts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine flour, cinnamon and cold butter. Mix together everything for about a minute on high.
- Add in water and mix until a dough forms. Knead the dough with your hands and divide it into 2 balls. Sprinkle flour on your surface so it doesn’t stick.
- Roll out one ball at a time and with a knife, cut each ball into 6 even rectangles. Continue with the other ball.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the apples and mix with the rest of the cinnamon and the brown sugar.
- To 6 pieces of the dough, add the apples mixture.
- Top with the rest of the pieces of the crust and with a fork, crimp the sides of the dough.
- Place pop-tarts on a sheet pan that is sprayed with nonstick spray
- Brush tops of pop-tarts with egg white and top with the cinnamon mixed with sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until pastries are cooked through and slightly crispy.