These Blueberry Cheesecake Bars are the perfect summer treat! Equal parts tart and sweet, and paired with a delicious graham cracker crust. Enjoy!
Incredible Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
Dessert loves, you are going to swoon over these Blueberry Cheesecake Bars. They’re made with a simple graham cracker crust and a fresh blueberry cheesecake filling.
These cheesecake bars would be the perfect dessert for any summer bbq or picnic because they’re lighter, perfectly sweet, and serve a crowd!
Now, when we say healthier cheesecake bars, I truly do mean HEALTHIER. We strive to make recipes that are a healthier option compared to traditional recipes here on Fit Foodie Finds, and these bars are no exception.
We want people to know they can enjoy a sweet treat without using refined ingredients. We love developing dessert recipes that are naturally sweetened and don’t compromise on taste!
How to Make Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
Cheesecake may seem daunting, but these blueberry cheesecake bars are actually quite simple to make. There are 2 parts: the crust and the filling and just a few easy steps to make it.
This two-ingredient graham cracker crust (graham crackers and a little butter!) is super easy to make:
- Measure out graham crackers and room temperature butter, and place into a food processor and process. Pro tip: it will take about 3-4 minutes for the mixture to turn into a crumble.
- Then pour the graham cracker crumble into an 8×8-inch pan, and press it into the bottom of the pan until it is evenly spread out.
- Bake the crust at 350ºF for 7 minutes before adding the filling!
This blueberry cheesecake filling is SO fresh and delicious! You’ll combine the following using a food processor.
- fresh blueberries
- cream cheese
- plain Greek yogurt
- egg white
- vanilla extract
- lemon juice
Food process the cheesecake filling: place the cream cheese, greek yogurt and honey into your food processor, and blend all of the ingredients together until smooth. Then, scrape the sides of your food processor with a spatula, and add the egg white, vanilla, and lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
Finally, add fresh blueberries to the food processor and blend until the blueberries are pureed and the mixture turns a beautiful blue color. Pro tip: this will take about 1-2 minutes.
Feel free to use frozen blueberries instead of fresh ones. We suggest thawing them first before blending them into the cheesecake.
Transfer the blueberry cheesecake filling on top of the crust. Use a spatula to spread it out. Then, bake the bars at 350ºF for around 25-30 minutes.
Let blueberry cheesecake bars cool for at least 30 minutes before chilling in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Slice the bars into squares and serve!
How to Freeze Blueberries
We all know that sometimes blueberries can be expensive or hard to find in larger quantities when they are not in season.
Pro Tip: When blueberries are in season (even better if they’re on sale!), buy a TON of them and freeze them for later!
All you have to do is buy a couple of pounds of blueberries, wash them, and lay them out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper until they’re fully dry. Freeze the blueberries on the baking sheet for at least 30 minutes and then transfer them to a freezer-safe bag or container, and date it.
This way you can have fresh (frozen) berries all year long. To use them in recipes all you have to do is take the blueberries out about an hour before you’re going to make these bars! This will give them enough time to thaw.
These bars will keep in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. We don’t recommend freezing them as the cream cheese and yogurt filling may create an undesirable texture when thawing.
- 9 graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- 8-oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup 5% plain Greek yogurt (any kind will do)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray an 8×8-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Next, place graham crackers and butter into a food processor and process everything together until the mixture turns into a crumble (about 3-4 minutes).
- Pour the graham cracker crumble into the 8×8-inch pan and press it into the bottom of the pan until it is evenly spread out.
- Bake the crust for 7 minutes at 350ºF and then remove from the oven.
- Wash and dry the food processor and then place the cream cheese, greek yogurt, and honey into the food processor. Blend all of the ingredients together until smooth.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula and then add the egg white, vanilla, and lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
- Finally, add blueberries to the food processor and blend until the blueberries are pureed and the mixture turns blue (about 1-2 minutes).
- Pour the blueberry cream cheese mixture over the graham cracker crust. Spread the mixture evenly over the crust.
- Place the bars in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the cheesecake bars cool for at least 30 minutes. Then, chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight before slicing and serving.
- Serve with fresh blueberries and lemon zest!
Serving Size: 1/9
Author: Category: DessertsMethod: OvenCuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry cheesecake bars
Photo credit: The Wooden Skillet